Join a fast growing startup, where you’ll have impact from day one!
We’re looking for an experienced full stack developer who works great in teams, has no problems working in a large code base and has the desire to join us on our journey to become a successful international scale-up.
You preferably have years of experience with Laravel or a similar PHP framework such as CodeIgniter or Symfony. You have in-depth understanding of a backend in web-based apps including routing, OOP and SQL. You are comfortable working with modern frontend frameworks and technologies such as Vue.js or React. You have opinions about code and architecture, can easily manage PRs and code-reviews and seek to find optimal balance between product velocity and scalable code.
You enjoy working in a team where things move fast, and code is deployed to production several times a day. You like having freedom in your work, but you are also a team player.
- Work closely with the development team and product managers to come up with ideal solutions to current challenges
- Develop new user-facing features and build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core software platform and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Take ownership of your code, following through from idea inception to deployment
- Provide code reviews for fellow developers
- Align direction of code and other engineering best practises with the team
Frameworks and tools we use
- Bootstrap, Material design + classic HTML/CSS/JS
Challenges we’re solving
- Expanding the feature set in our product to satisfy our users
- Tweaking our search algorithm to deliver the most relevant results
- Exploring cutting-edge methods for matching profiles with jobs (ML/AI/DL)
- Creating an awesome mobile experience in a web app
- Making our users feel good through UX and usability
- Optimizing load and response time in our web app
- Building scalable infrastructure
- Competitive salary & equity
- Attractive central location in Copenhagen
- Coffee, lunch, snacks and soft drinks included
- An annual trip to a developer conference
You’ll join a small but growing development team and have significant influence on our development and product in cooperation with the rest of the team. As we grow, so can your role in our company.
We will be your new colleagues
The Worksome team currently consists of over 25 able profiles in 3 locations and the founders have a background from Google. The language in the office is English as we span 5 nationalities in Copenhagen alone. Furthermore we also use a number of freelancers – coincidentally 😉 – our workday is defined by a high level of activity. Worksome HQ is located centrally in Copenhagen.
How to apply
In short, our platform matches any company with any specialist in no time – better, cheaper and faster than any traditional consulting or recruitment solutions in the market.
How do we do this? Well, unlike traditional recruitment businesses and freelancer platforms, we use technology and machine learning algorithms to help match, automate and shorten the process – so we can approach the market in an entirely new way. We thus transform how companies find, hire and manage their agile workforce; with a mission to radically transform and improve the way companies organize themselves around a super skilled and agile talentbase
We’re consistently growing double-digit every month and are on a global journey to transform work and bring the best of the freelance economy to companies and talents alike.
Set up in Denmark in 2017, we currently have teams in Copenhagen, London and New York and are rapidly expanding into new markets. You’ll be working closely with the global team to further grow Worksome and make sure that we have the best product offering on the planet – with lots of help from your peers, our advisors and the wider community of skilled friends of Worksome.
Working at Worksome
Worksome is a fast growing platform for highly skilled freelance talents within Technology, Digital Marketing, Design, Leadership, Engineering, Management and a long tail of niche skills in various fields. We’re the digital hub for professional freelancers and consultants in the UK and Nordics, with an eye on global domination next!
Founded in Copenhagen by a group of 4 experienced people with backgrounds from Google, HR and Tech. The platform is currently live in the UK, US, Scandinavia.
Our office in Bredgade, Copenhagen
Other open positions at Worksome
Customer Success Manager (London)